I made this recipe tonight for the third or fourth time and just thought I would share it since it is so easy to make and has been a huge hit with EVERY family member each time I've made it (you have no idea what a feat this is!) No, the meat is not really gopher, but when John saw the recipe, Bahamian Baked Grouper, out of the corner of his eye as it lay sideways on the counter yesterday, he thought it said Bohemian Baked Gopher. Although misleading and potentially slightly deappetizing, I felt this is actually a much better name. And since I actually altered the recipe beyond recognition of the original dish, I feel entitled to and justified in my renaming of it.
BOHEMIAN BAKED GOPHER
INGREDIENTS:
4 large filets of a mild, flaky white fish like grouper, cod, halibut
- You may substitute a fresh filet of gopher if you’ve recently run one over or have accidentally caught one in your raccoon trap
1 Tbs melted butter or olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Onion and garlic powder to taste
A pinch of red pepper flakes
1 large seeded bell pepper of any color, sliced into thin sections
1 large beefsteak tomato, sliced into thin sections
PREPARATION INSTRUCTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350. Lay fish filets in large baking dish. Brush filets with melted butter or olive oil. Squeeze lime or lemon over the fish. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder a tiny bit of red pepper flakes. Lay bell pepper slices and tomato slices on top of the fish. Cover dish with foil and bake anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes depending on the thickness of the filets. Enjoy! (And let me know if you go with the Gopher substitute. We may be on to something here!)
No comments:
Post a Comment